The Permanent Minimum Rules
Penguicon has a multi-year governing body, the Board Of Directors, separate from the Convention Committees that run each individual year. The Board have created a bare minimum set of eight Permanent Rules:
- You must be 21 or over and legal to drink in the state of Michigan to be served alcohol. We will be checking ID.
- To use the hospitality areas you must comply with Michigan state drinking laws.
- Any weapons or potentially dangerous items should be handled with care.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- The convention might include discussions or demonstrations of an adult nature; these may be inappropriate for children. Parents are responsible for their children; the convention is not.
- Be respectful of others. If someone asks you to leave them alone, do so. Seriously.
- The Convention retains the right to remove anybody from the Convention at any time, with or without refund.
- Have fun, but comply with hotel rules and the law.
The Full Expanded Code Of Conduct, Updates Coming Soon For 2020
Each year, Penguicon’s Convention Chair and Convention Committee have complete discretion to expand on the Board’s rules in detail, to become the full Code Of Conduct for their specific year. Every member of the 2020 Convention Staff will discuss the full CoC and commit to uphold it, and then publish it on this page and notify you through our blog on this site, and all communications channels.
In the meantime, please see the Penguicon 2019 Code Of Conduct which we will update and refresh for 2020.